The Cambridge Assessment English Centres CH001 Basel and CH020 Jura regard the lawful and correct treatment of personal information as important to our successful operations and to the maintenance of confidence of those with whom we deal. We will ensure that our staff and those acting on our behalf obtain, use and disclose personal information lawfully and correctly. To this end we fully endorse and adhere to the principles of data protection, as set out in the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPRs) 25 May 2018 "The Act". We shall apply the Act here in Switzerland, except where part or all of any local law is stronger. For more information on data protection, please visit GDPRs
In particular we will:
- observe the conditions in the Act regarding the fair collection and use of personal information (please see below regarding personal information collected via our website)
- meet our legal obligations to specify the purposes for which we process personal information
- collect and process appropriate personal information, including test-day photographs, only to the extent that it is needed to fulfill our operational needs or to comply with any legal requirement
- ensure the accuracy of any personal information kept by us apply checks to determine the length of time personal information is held by us
- ensure that the rights of people about whom personal information is held, are able to be exercised fully under the Actor within local legal requirements
- take appropriate technical and organisational security measures to safeguard personal information
- ascertain that personal information is not sold, shared or transferred to any third parties outside the scope of Cambridge Assessment and/or the Cambridge English Language Assessment. We may disclose your personal information to third parties who act on behalf of Cambridge Assessment and/or Cambridge Assessment English, or in connection with the business of the Cambridge Assessment Group Cambridge Assessment for further processing in accordance with the purpose(s) with which the originally collected, such as validation, results verification or evaluation.
If we collect personal information via our website, prior to finally submitting any personal information to our website, we will endeavour to ensure that you are informed as
- the purpose for collecting the information
- what the information will be used for
- the identityof anyone else to whom the information will be given and what they will use it for
- how you can request copiesof any personal information we hold on you
Please note that where our website contains links to other websites, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites and this statement applies solely to any personal information collected by our website.
IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information. We only use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer our website, track general user movements, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
Please contact the Cambridge Assessment English Exams Centre Jura, or go to the Cambridge Assessment English website for more information: